Address: Boeing Road, Strathmore Heights
Melway ref: 16D5
Boeing Reserve is one of the largest reserves in Moonee Valley, stretching along Moonee Ponds Creek and linking to other parks and reserves by the Moonee Ponds Bike Path. Download the Moonee Ponds Creek Trail brochure and learn more about the area as you explore.
The reserve features:
- picnic areas with barbecue facilities
- tennis courts
Boeing Reserve Youth Space
As part of our Boeing Reserve Master Plan, and informed by our Skate and BMX Feasibility Study, we will be developing a new youth space at Boeing Reserve in Strathmore Heights. In early 2015 we completed two community workshops and a community open day, as well as consulting with local schools to develop a Concept Design.
For further information on this project, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Urban Design team on 9243 8888.
Boeing Reserve Master Plan
The Boeing Reserve Master Plan (pdf, 4.12MB) was endorsed on 26 August 2014. The Master Plan will guide the long-term design and management of the reserve and includes the following recommendations:
- Short term: Playspace, carpark and youth space upgrade.
- Medium term: Pathway, park furniture, signage and lighting upgrades as well as expansion to Community Garden, stormwater harvesting initiatives and the combined basketball and netball court.
- Long term: New circuit pathways with exercise stations, tennis court updates and carpark feasibility along Mascoma Street.
- Ongoing: Tree planting and development of sport and community facilities. This includes Baseball and a Multiuse Community Facility incorporating a Cricket and Football Pavilion with a Community Hall and a Junior Baseball Field.
Sports field lighting
Good lighting is important for local sport, providing opportunities to train safely, supporting year round activity and maximising use of our facilities.
Design work is now complete for sports field lighting at Boeing Reserve. Construction timelines have been delayed as we seek consent from the landowner, via the Minister for Education.
Works are progressing with a number of minor improvements to baseball facilities within Boeing Reserve. This includes the installation of player benches, some sports field fencing and a scorer’s shelter on oval #2. The main baseball field will have improvements made to the perimeter fence and irrigation system.
Chris Lane Memorial Project update
Essendon Baseball Club, in partnership with Major League Baseball, have formally lodged a planning permit application for the construction of a little league baseball field as a lasting memorial for Chris Lane.
This submission will be considered by Council and will follow the usual statutory process, including public advertising. Designs will be available on our website and at Council’s Civic Centre in the coming weeks.
Moonee Ponds Creek Linear Park Master Plan
We will work with the community to prepare a master plan for Moonee Ponds Creek Linear Park. The project will provide direction for future improvements at this important open space, transport and waterway corridor.
For further information please contact the Urban Design team on 9243 8888 or email email@example.com