Racecourse Road and Pin Oak Crescent
Seeking emerging graphic designer for public art project
We are looking for a 14-25 year old from the local area to create an artwork for the new Pridham Plaza upgrade in Racecourse Road, Flemington.
- be creating a large scale design for a high profile location
- receive a design fee of $600 (Council will pay for and arrange printing and installation)
- have a public art project to add to your portfolio
- Pridham Plaza in Flemington is being upgraded and we would like a distinctive, colourful, graphic image to cover the four sides of the public facility.
- Your artwork will become a large scale vinyl print on display in the Plaza for about two years.
- It can be a graphic, photograph, collage or pattern. No drawings or paintings but we can help make your idea work.
- You can submit more than one design and the artwork theme is open.
Submit a sample of your design artwork (20MB max.) by 10 April 2017 via:
Call 9243 1611 for more information.
Pridham Plaza landscape upgrade
With funding from the Department of Justice and Moonee Valley City Council, Pridham Plaza will be upgraded to create a more appealing and attractive public space. This will be the first capital works project for the implementation of Council’s Racecourse Road and Pin Oak Crescent Streetscape and Activation Plan.
The design for Pridham Plaza has been completed. This process integrating feedback, suggestions and ideas from the community consultation, which was done during the consultation for the Streetscape and Activation Plan. View the consultation design concept (pdf, 5.74MB).
The upgrade work will include:
- new distinctive bluestone patterned paving
- more places to sit with custom seating decks
- a bike repair station
- new lighting
- new shade trees and garden beds
- local youth art project for the toilet block
The construction work will start early next year after the Christmas period. View the construction poster (pdf, 1.66MB).
Racecourse Road and Pin Oak Crescent Streetscape and Activation Plan Report
The Racecourse Road and Pin Oak Crescent Streetscape and Activation Plan Report prepared by consultants ACLA landscape architects and Chatterbox Projects was adopted by Council in February 2016.
The Racecourse Road and Pin Oak Crescent Streetscape and Activation Plan will be used to inform future landscape capital works projects and ongoing street-based activation programmes and projects.
This includes future capital works, street furniture upgrades, public art projects and programmes, events and other activities. View the report (pdf, 20.5MB).