Farnham Street Neighbourhood Learning Centre
Address: 28 Farnham Street, Flemington
Phone: 9376 9088
Farnham Street Neighbourhood Learning Centre caters for a range of groups and residents of Moonee Valley: the elderly, people from a non-English speaking background, the unemployed, sole parents, the youth, the socially-isolated.
The centre has three separate programs: the Neighbourhood House program, the Reading and Writing program and the After School Program.
The centre programs offer a variety of educational and recreational classes.
Wingate Avenue Community Centre
Address: 13A Wingate Avenue, Ascot Vale
Phone: 9376 5244
Fax: 9376 2676
Wingate Avenue Community Centre is a not for profit community centre providing learning, recreation, support and information for our local community. The centre encourages and assists people to develop responses to issues that affect them and their community.
Centre courses and groups:
- Computer and Internet courses: beginners to advanced courses, MYOB, digital camera (day and evening classes)
- English classes for migrants: English conversation classes for migrants and refugees (AMEP, ACFE)
- Art and craft: sewing and dressmaking, patchwork, mosaic, drop in art
- Health and wellbeing: gentle exercise, yoga, women’s walking group, community singing
- Learn new skills: an introduction to horticulture, Learn to Ride a Bike workshops for women
- After school activities: children’s jewellery, homework program, Kidz Club
- Quality occasional childcare: morning and afternoon sessions available
Other services at the centre:
- Moonee Valley Community Legal Service
- Maternal and Child Health Nurse
- Parent-Child Mother Goose Program
- New Hope Migrant and Refugee Service
- ISIS Voyage Alcohol and other drug counselling services
- Network West
- Ascot Vale Public Tenants Group
- Walking School Bus
- Hall and room hire available