Dog off-lead area
On 20 December 2016, Council endorsed a design for the dog park (pdf, 10.8MB) after significant consultation with the community, including preliminary consultation and consultation on the draft design.
The design includes:
- a Run About Area comprising of a low maintenance granitic sand surface to withstand high use and drainage to prevent ponding and muddy patches. It includes various seating opportunities for dog owners, drinking fountain, bins, dog waste bags and garden beds with shade trees.
- a Time Out Area for older and smaller dogs to recuperate from the larger fenced area. This will include seating, double access entry, bins, dog waste bags, internal access gate, drinking fountain, garden beds and shade trees.
- an Agility Area with training equipment, seating and screen planting to provide a quieter space for owners to train their dogs.
- Bushland planting at the north of the site to buffer noise and provide shade to the seating area as well as a different surface type for dogs to explore.
- a Rocky Mound with rocks and landforms as an informal seating area that will also provide grade variation for dogs to increase agility and confidence in uneven height conditions.
- Planting to buffer noise from the freeway and improve amenity to the northern pathway.
The construction of the dog park will be commencing on 17 May 2017. The new dog park will be completed by mid-2017, weather permitting.
The temporary dog park will no longer be available for use after Tuesday 16 May 2017.
For information regarding the works please contact Council on 9243 8888. We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused by these works.