Family day care
Our family day care scheme is a quality home-based childcare service for parents who work, study or require respite care. The program offers a wide range of care options to meet individual needs. Babies, pre-school and primary school age children are cared for in small groups in the homes of carefully selected people, who enjoy the company of young children and demonstrate an interest in the care and development of children.
We employ qualified staff to co-ordinate the program and resource care providers.
What type of Family Day Care is available?
We offer flexible child care service to suit individual family needs such as:
- Full or part-time, including hours to suit shift workers
- Occasional care
- Before and after school care
- Holiday care
- 24-hour emergency care
- Care for children with additional needs
Who can use Family Day Care?
It is available for families in the Moonee Valley area who need child care. This might include parents who are:
- Working or seeking work
- Studying or training
- Sick or hospitalised
- Seeking respite care
Benefits of Family Day Care
- Flexible care, particularly suitable for parents who have unusual work hours or require extended hours of care
- Care for 52 weeks of the year
- Children are cared for in a home environment that includes normal household routines such as cooking and shopping
- Small group care - no more than four preschool children cared for at one time
- Carers from a variety of cultural backgrounds.