Amendment C100 Moonee Ponds Activity Centre Zone
31 March 2015 update - Amendment C100 approved
The Minister for Planning has now approved Amendment C100, which rezones the Moonee Ponds Activity Centre to an Activity Centre Zone.
The new Activity Centre Zone for Moonee Ponds is effective as of 30 March 2015.
The Activity Centre Zone for Moonee Ponds (Amendment C100) was adopted by Council in June 2012, following extensive public consultation and an independent panel hearing.
The Amendment was sent to the Minister for Planning in July 2012, where it has been waiting for approval
The Minister for Planning has also included planning controls for the Moonee Valley Racecourse site into the Moonee Ponds Activity Centre Zone, and made some changes to the planning controls for that site.
The changes made for the Racecourse are more consistent with the recommendations of the Advisory Committee, including lowering the building heights.
Read more about the Moonee Valley Racecourse planning control changes.
See the approved Amendment Documentation for details on all of the changes introduced through Amendment C100.
All landowners who have now been rezoned to Activity Centre Zone will shortly be sent a letter from Council.
C100 Update - July 2012
Community consultation on the amendment occurred in late 2011, and a number of submissions were received.
The submissions were referred to an independent panel for review, which took place on 8-9 March 2012. The Panel's Report, which includes recommendations for how to proceed with Amendment C100, was received by Council on 19 April 2012. To view the report, refer to C100 Panel Report (pdf, 2.88mb).
At the Planning and Citizens meeting on Tuesday, 5 June 2012, Council supported the recommendations from the Panel Report and formally adopted the amendment incorporating these changes, where appropriate.
Council submitted the amendment to the Minister for Planning for approval in July 2012.
More about the Amendment C100
The Moonee Ponds Activity Centre Structure Plan provides Council, landowners and the community with a vision and direction for future development of the centre to the year 2030.
For more information on the Moonee Ponds Activity Centre Structure Plan, visit the Activity Centre Planning Page.
Specifically, Amendment C100 proposes:
- The introduction of the Activity Centre Zone for land within the Moonee Ponds Activity Centre boundary (with the exception of the Moonee Valley Racecourse land).
- The removal of a number of planning overlays which are no longer required, including the Development Plan Overlay and Design and Development Overlay. The Activity Centre Zone will provide the relevant controls in place of those overlays.
- The introduction of an Environmental Audit Overlay over land at 2-14 Hinkins Street and 5 Davies Street, Moonee Ponds where there is an existing industrial area that would be appropriate for residential uses in the future.
- Changes to the Municipal Strategic Statement to reflect objectives and strategies from the MPAC Structure Plan.
For the purposes of this amendment, the titles of the precincts have changed from what they are referred to in the MPAC Structure Plan. For information on the changes to the precinct titles, refer to the Precinct Identification Summary (pdf, 80 kb).
Refer to the Explanatory Report and associated materials provided below for further details about the proposed amendment.
- Gazettal Notice of Amendment (pdf, 25kb)
- Fact Sheet (pdf, 425kb)
- Clause 21.05 (pdf, 47kb)
- Clause 21.06 (pdf, 167kb)
- Clause 21.07 (pdf, 151kb)
- Clause 21.09 (pdf, 304kb)
- Clause 22.01 (pdf, 48kb)
- Clause 37.08 Activity Centre Zone (pdf, 57kb)
- Sch edule 1 to Clause 37.08 - Moonee Ponds Principal Activity Centre (pdf, 1.22mb)
- Clause 61.03 (15kb)
- Activity Centre Zone Map (pdf, 75kb)
- Explanatory Report (pdf, 27kb)
- Instruction Sheet (pdf, 20kb)
- List of Changes (pdf, 21kb)
- List of Amendments (pdf, 14kb)
- Environmental Audit Overlay Map (pdf, 36kb)
- Deletion of Design and Development Overlay Map (pdf, 35kb)
- Deletion of Development Plan Overlay Map (pdf, 45kb)
For more information, please contact our Strategic Planning Department on 9243 8888.