Amendment C148 Rezoning and proposed redevelopment of 9 Newsom Street Ascot Vale
Council has prepared Amendment C148 to the Moonee Valley Planning Scheme in order to allow the development to be considered.
The amendment proposes to:
- rezone 9 Newsom Street, Ascot Vale from Industrial Zone (IN1Z) to General Residential Zone (GRZ)
- apply an Environmental Audit Overlay (EAO) to 9 Newsom Street, Ascot Vale. This is a planning tool to ensure that land formerly used for industry is suitable for sensitive uses such as housing
- apply a new Design and Development Overlay (DDO13) to 9 Newsom Street, Ascot Vale. This is used to set design objectives and development requirements for new buildings
- delete Development Plan Overlay 4 (DDO4) from part of the site
The planning application and amendment documents are available now by clicking on the links below.
April 2017 update – Resolution to proceed to Panel
At its Ordinary Meeting on 11 April 2017, Council resolved to formally receive revised plans submitted by the applicant following the 8 March Consultation Meeting (see links to plans below) and forward these to the Planning Panel for its consideration. Council also acknowledged revisions to the draft Design and Development Overlay (DDO13) and draft Planning Permit MV/900/2015. All revised documentation has been forwarded to the Planning Panel for its consideration and hearing dates have been scheduled as follows:
- Directions Hearing – 10:30am Wednesday 19 April 2017
- Panel Hearing – 10 & 11 May 2017
Following the Consultation Meeting on 8 March 2017 and in response to submissions received the applicant (PDJ Crew Pty Ltd) submitted further revised plans which seek to address concerns raised.
Amended documents include:
February 2017 update - revised plans post exhibition
Following exhibition of the combined amendment and permit application and in response to submissions received, the applicant (PDJ Crew Pty Ltd) has submitted revised plans which seek to address concerns raised.
Amended documents include:
Council has invited parties to the application to a consultation meeting to discuss revised plans at the Civic Centre, 9 Kellaway Avenue, Moonee Ponds (Entrance via Pascoe Vale Road) on Wednesday, 8 March 2017 at 7.15pm.
It is not compulsory to attend the consultation. Any written submission received will still be considered by Council and an Independent Planning Panel before a decision is made on the application.
December 2016 update
The amendment was exhibited from 27 October to 1 December 2016. Council officers are currently reviewing 40 submissions received during the exhibition period.
Submissions will be independently reviewed by Planning Panels Victoria. Council has notified the panel of submissions received and is awaiting confirmation of proposed hearing dates. All submitters will be notified of any formal processes moving forward.
What is the process from here?
The combined amendment and the planning permit will not be eligible for appeals to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). Any objections to the proposed permit and the amendment will be considered by the formal panel appointed to consider submissions.
Planning permit application documents
- Application for a Planning Permit and Metropolitan Levy (pdf, 1.25MB)
- Planning Report (pdf 5.1MB)
- Plans – floor plans and elevations (pdf, 12.4MB)
- Draft Planning Permit Conditions (pdf, 156KB)
- Landscape Plans (pdf, 2.5MB)
- Shadow Diagrams (pdf, 2.2MB)
- Traffic report (pdf, 1.5MB)
- Arborist report (pdf, 3.5MB)
- Waste Management Report (pdf, 825KB)
- Biodiversity Assessment (pdf, 14.3MB)
- Environmental Audit Report (pdf, 348MB)
- Certificate of Title (pdf, 613KB)
Planning scheme amendment documents
For further information about the amendment or the permit application, please contact:
Matt Spozio (Principal Planner/Appeals Advocate)
Phone: 9243 8755
David Kilroe (Strategic Planner)
Phone: 9243 9140