Build over Easement permit

Application for consent to build over Council's Easement

Building over an easement requires approval from us and/or City West Water. Applications for habitable rooms (e.g. bedroom, lounge room) to be constructed over an easement are not permitted.

Property owners wanting to build over an easement must provide the following with their application:

  • Plans of the proposed structure
  • A copy of the written approval from City West Water
  • A copy of the property title
  • A completed application form

Apply for a Build over Easement permit.

If approval is granted and one of our assets is located in the easement, a Drainage Inspection permit (pdf, 40KB) may also be required.


Build over Easement cost - $230
Build over Easement legal agreement cost - $750

More information

Please see Build over Council's Easement policy (pdf, 212KB).

Last updated: Wednesday, 24 October 2018, 4:25 AM