Emergency information & contacts

Listed below is important information and contact details that you might need in times of an emergency.

Consider saving some of this information into your mobile phone for quick access.

Key emergency contacts

Life threatening emergency:

Police, Fire, Ambulance 

See information below on how to call triple zero.

  • 000 (triple zero)
  • 112 (000 alternative if your mobile phone is out of range)
  • 106 (000 alternative for the hearing impaired)

Crime Stoppers

Report a crime via phone or download the Crime Stoppers app

1800 333 000

Crime Stoppers website 

VIC SES emergency calls

(for help with flood or storm)

132 500

SES website

VIC SES flood and storm information line

(during major emergencies only)

1300 VIC SES (1300 842 737)

Bureau of Meteorology (BOM)

Weather forecasts and warnings, river height information

1300 659 217

BOM website

Department of Health

Information about health issues such as water quality and hygiene during disasters

Department of Health website

Department of Human Services

Emergency relief and recovery advice

Department of Human Services website

Australian Red Cross

Emergency relief and recovery, emergency planning

Red Cross website


For information on road closures and to report traffic hazards

13 11 70

VicRoads website

Fire information

Victorian Bushfire Information Line: 1800 240 667

MFB website

CFA website

Victims of Crime Helpline

Free information and support to help you manage the effects of crime and guide you through the legal process. Find out about family violence advice and support.

1800 819 817

Victims of Crime website

Statewide Homelessness Assistance

24 hours assistance

1800 825 955

Emergency relief services 

View our Moonee Valley Emergency Relief Services (doc, 36.8KB)

Moonee Valley police stations

Contact your local police station to report non-emergency crime incidents. 

 Moonee Ponds

766 Mount Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds

Phone: (03) 9373 5200 Fax: (03) 9373 5210

Email: mooneeponds-uni-oic@police.vic.gov.au

Open 24 hours 

 Avondale Heights

162 Military Road, Avondale Heights

Phone: (03) 9337 6777 Fax: (03) 9337 2493

Email: avondaleheights-uni-oic@police.vic.gov.au

Open 24 hours


30 Wellington Street, Flemington

Phone: (03) 9371 6100 Fax: (03) 9371 6150

Email: flemington-uni-oic@police.vic.gov.au

Open 24 hours

Hospitals with emergency departments

Royal Melbourne

Corner Grattan Street and Royal Parade, Parkville

Phone: (03) 9342 7000

Royal Children's Hospital

50 Flemington Road, Parkville

Phone: (03) 9345 5522

Western Hospital (Footscray) 

Eleanor Street, Footscray

Phone: (03) 8345 6666

Western Hospital (St Albans)

Furlong Road, St Albans

Phone: (03) 8345 1333

How to call Triple Zero

The Triple Zero (000) service is the quickest way to get the right emergency service to help you. In life threatening or emergency situations, use this number to contact Police, Fire and/or Ambulance.

Step 1: Assess the situation

  • Is someone seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help? 
  • Is your life or property being threatened?
  • Have you just witnessed a serious accident or crime? If the answer is YES call Triple Zero (000).

Step 2: Make the call

  • Stay calm and call Triple Zero (000) from a safe place.
  • When your call is answered you will be asked if you need Police, Fire or Ambulance.
  • If requested by the operator, state your town and location. Your call will be directed to the service you asked for.
  • When connected to the emergency service, stay on the line, speak clearly and answer the questions.
  • Don’t hang up until the operator tells you to do so.

Step 3: Providing location information

  • You will be asked where you are. Try to provide street number, street name, nearest cross street and the area.
  • If you make a call while travelling, state the direction you are travelling and the last motorway exit or town you passed.

Step 4: Instructions from the operator

  • The operator may ask you to wait at a pre-arranged meeting point to assist emergency services to locate the incident.

Other languages and text based services

  • People with a speech or hearing difficulty can use the One Zero Six (106) text based service.
  • If you can’t speak English you can call Triple Zero (000) from a fixed line and ask for ‘Police’, ‘Fire’, or ‘Ambulance’. Once connected you need to stay on the line and a translator will be organised.

How to call Triple Zero information in other languages

If you live with non-English speaking relatives or housemates, print out the relevant factsheet and stick it on the fridge for easy access.

Last updated: Tuesday, 11 June 2019, 6:18 AM