Holding your event

The City of Moonee Valley welcomes events which contribute to the vitality of the area and to the social, cultural and economic development of the city. 

We are happy to help and support you throughout the planning of your event and highly recommend that you talk to us well in advance to ensure your event can run as smoothly and safely as possible.

Notification of event to emergency services

Event Organisers are responsible in notifying Local Emergency Services of your upcoming event, please upload correspondence to your event application.

Victoria Police Moonee Ponds 766 Mount Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds
Phone: (03) 9373 5200
Fax: (03) 9373 5210
Email: mooneeponds-uni-oic@police.vic.gov.au
Open 24 hours  
Victoria Police Avondale Heights 162 Military Road, Avondale Heights
Phone: (03) 9337 6777
Fax: (03) 9337 2493
Email: avondaleheights-uni-oic@police.vic.gov.au
Open 24 hours 
Victoria Police Flemington 30 Wellington Street, Flemington
Phone: (03) 9371 6100
Fax: (03) 9371 6150
Email: flemington-uni-oic@police.vic.gov.au
MFB events@mfb.vic.gov.au
Ambulance Victoria events@ambulance.vic.gov.au

Community events are an integral part of the City of Moonee Valley, and it’s important that everyone can join in, and that diversity is valued and embraced. 

More about Include Everyone - Accessible Events

If you are planning to hold an event in public space within the City of Moonee Valley then you will need to fill in an Event Permit Application Form.

More about Community event permits

You will be required to submit an event permit application if your event is taking place in a public space (such as a local park) and involves one or more of the following: wedding or...

More about Weddings ceremonies and private celebrations

Event organisers can play a positive role in implementing and encouraging sustainable activities and behaviour. They can save water and reduce the amount of energy and waste at events. They can...

More about Sustainable events toolkit

All community groups/charities intending to operate and sell food at temporary food events must have single state-wide registration/notification. This single approval will cover your events...

More about Temporary food premises

You must obtain a temporary road closure permit for the closure of any part of the road for special events such as fun runs, street parties, community and sporting events.

More about Temporary road closure permits